Jenny is a Research Fellow at the New Zealand Centre for Sustainable Cities, and He Kāinga Oranga/Housing and Health Research programme. Her research interests include governance and policy, urban form, homelessness, social justice and human rights. She has a background in critical theory and international relations.
Jenny has been involved in the Resilient Urban Futures programme (Drivers of Urban Change strand; Cities in New Zealand book) and the Housing First research programme.
Jenny has recently begun a PhD on the right to housing.
- Baker. M. Cunningham, C Amore, K Boulic, M Halley, C Nathan, K Pehi, T. Phipps, R Ruru, J Shaw, Caroline Toy-Cronin, B Tupara, H Wilkie, M Zhang, WHe Kāinga Oranga: reflections on 25 years of measuring the improved health, wellbeing and sustainability of healthier housing.Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand,Online.
- Hinckson, E. Duncan, S. Ka’ai, K. Ivory, V. Yates, A.Submission on Government Policy Statement on Housing and Urban Development (GPS-HUD).NZ Centre for Sustainable Cities, AUT, Building Better Homes, Towns and Cities National Science Challenge, WellingtonDownload document
- Zhang, W.Submission on Government Policy Statement on Housing and Urban Development (GPS-HUD).New Zealand Centre for Sustainable Cities, WellingtonDownload document
- Wellington: New Zealand Centre for Sustainable Cities
- Report to Wellington City CouncilDownload document
- Kebbell, S.Nudging towards urban walkability in a car-dependent New Zealand neighbourhood.In M. Jones, L. Rice & F. Meraz (Eds.), Designing for health & wellbeing: Home, city, society.(pp. 87-108). Wilmington, USA: Vernon Press.
- New Zealand Centre for Sustainable CitiesDownload document
- Preval, N. Amore, K. Rivera-Muñoz, G. Oliver, J.Housing, energy and health in resilient cities.In P. Howden-Chapman, L. Early & J. Ombler (Eds.), Cities in New Zealand: Preferences, patterns and possibilities.(pp. 95-106). Wellington, New Zealand: Steele Roberts Aotearoa.
- Rivera-Muñoz, G.Governance, democracy and environmental risk: Preparing for the future.In P. Howden-Chapman, L. Early & J. Ombler (Eds.), Cities in New Zealand: Preferences, patterns and possibilities.(pp. 41-50). Wellington, New Zealand: Steele Roberts Aotearoa.
- Rivera-Muñoz, G.Local councils and public consultation: Extending the reach of democracy.Policy Quarterly12(4), 20-27.