Mary Anne works at the New Zealand Centre for Sustainable Cities and at He Kāinga Oranga/Housing and Health Research Programme (HHRP).
Her main areas of interest include development research in the Pacific region: climate change impacts, social and environmental resilience, urban health, migration, and settlement. She has extensive senior public sector experience, including strategic policy formation and intervention logic.
She is currently working in the Governance strand of the MBIE Endeavour funded Public Housing and Urban Regeneration Programme.
- Baker. M. Cunningham, C Amore, K Boulic, M Halley, C Nathan, K Pehi, T. Phipps, R Ruru, J Shaw, Caroline Toy-Cronin, B Tupara, H Wilkie, M Zhang, WHe Kāinga Oranga: reflections on 25 years of measuring the improved health, wellbeing and sustainability of healthier housing.Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand,Online.
- International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health14(10), p.1237
- Whitwell, J. Thompson, M. A.Society and CultureVictoria University Press, Wellington, New Zealand
- Thompson, M. A.The Political Economy of Kiribati.The Contemporary Pacific: A Journal of Island Affairs2 (1)
- Bollard, A.E. Holmes, F. Kersey, D. Thompson, M. A.Meeting the East Asia Challenge.Institute of Policy Studies, Victoria University Press
- Bollard, A. E. Thompson, M. A.Trans-Tasman Trade and Investment.New Zealand Institute of Economic Research No. 38.